Saturday, August 6, 2022

My Summer Sidekicks

After returning from Atlanta, it dawned on me that I only had one more week with my two summer sidekicks. Where did the time go?! Even though Emmy and I don't return to school until later in the month, Eli's preschool starts on Monday, and so with only five days left, we fit in as much as we could. On Monday, we went to the Science Center with the Houstons. On Tuesday, we had a pool day with the Robersons. We visited Daddy at work on Wednesday and of course made a big ruckus in his office. We took him out to lunch at a great local spot in Yadkinville called Old Stage Grill. I got the pimento cheese burger with a side of corn nuggets, and Boomer got the Wednesday special of beef tips with mashed potatoes and mac & cheese. Later that afternoon, we met our friends, the Weddles, at the splash pad. On Thursday, we went over to the LeBaron's for water play in their backyard. 



2022 - 2021 - 2020

On Friday, Grammy came over to watch Emmy and Eli while Boomer and I had another adult getaway. I've felt pretty spoiled lately with all of our dates. This one was not an overnight trip, but it was a full day from about 10AM to 10PM at the Grandover Resort with the Joneses. Much like my spa day with my mom and sister, we enjoyed all of the amenities of the resort. We hung out poolside for the whole afternoon. Then we had couples massages at 5PM, followed by dinner at the restaurant on site, Di Valletta. It was a fun day of relaxation and pampering. While we were enjoying fruity drinks and fancy dinners, Grammy had a busy day of bike riding, baseball in the backyard, and then Eli's preschool open house. I hated to miss it, but since he is returning to the same school, Grammy was a great stand-in for Mommy and Daddy. She collected the newsletters and the supply list and snapped a few photos of a happy Eli. Our big boy is heading back to school on Monday, whether Mommy is ready or not!





No comments:

Post a Comment