Sunday, August 21, 2022

A Week with Emmy

Emmy and I had a full five days together while Eli has been at preschool. For two of those days, I had Teacher Workdays, so she tagged along with me to my school. We brought lots of fun activities to keep her busy, like her kindergarten workbooks, Play-Doh, and kinetic sand. She loved drawing on the dry erase board, rolling around on the wheely chairs, and sending Daddy mail. 


Our other adventures included a movie with Grammy and the cousins, grocery shopping, donuts, and a pool day. Grammy and I saw a second movie together the very same day as the kids movie. Our first feature with the kids was An American Tale (an oldie, but goodie) and then in the evening, we went to see Where the Crawdads Sing. We both had read the book, and we were so happy to see the movie in the theaters. Between the two movies, we consumed quite a lot of popcorn!




Eli must have been missing us, because just before lunchtime on Friday, I got a call that he had a runny nose and a slight fever. Emmy and I gathered our things at Forbush and went to pick him up. He seemed to be fighting some sort of bug, so on Saturday the boys stayed at home while Emmy and I had more girl time. We went to the Honeybee Festival downtown Kernersville, where we meet up with the Houston crew. Then we went shopping for all Emmy's school supplies. For a little girl that is usually indecisive, she was very sure about her pink butterfly lunchbox, pink pencil pouch, and purple notebooks. I spent Saturday night labeling all of the items so that hopefully next weekend isn't too crazy in the mad rush before her first day. We all four went to church this morning and had a low-key Sunday. Tomorrow kicks off a full five-day work week for Boomer and me, and Eli will be at preschool while Emmy enjoys one last week of summer with Grammy and her cousins. Ready or not, here comes the school year! 




No comments:

Post a Comment