Monday, August 29, 2022

Emmy's 1st Day of Kindergarten

Emmy rocked her first day of kindergarten! And of course Mommy went a little crazy with all the pictures! 







It was a busy morning as we gathered supplies, packed the car, made a last minute shoe-change, and headed off to school. We took Eli to preschool and had breakfast just the three of us at Kernersville Bagel. Emmy didn't express any nervousness until the night before, when during bedtime, I overheard her telling Boomer that she couldn't remember the teacher assistant's name or the schedule for each day. He calmed her nerves, and even though she was quiet and reserved, she walked bravely through the hallways. Emmy's teacher gave us such a warm welcome, and there was a short meeting in the classroom for all the parents. When the time came to say goodbye, I was gathering papers when I looked up to find Boomer gone! His goodbye was pretty quick, while I lingered for another minute or so. We wish we could hold her close forever, but we are excited for this big milestone and for the year ahead of growth, friends, and learning.  
Boomer and I switched hats from Mommy and Daddy to Dr. and Mrs. Kennedy as we headed off to work. It was a busy day, but I frequently checked my phone and loved getting updates from my sister and my parents. I am so thankful for their help to make today a success. Since I had Open House until 6PM, Grammy and Grandpa picked up both kids, fed them, and delivered them to me at home later in the evening. When I finally got to hear about Emmy's day during bedtime, I learned that her favorite parts were seeing Aunt Megan and her cousins, finding Pete the Cat in the classroom, sitting on the colorful mat, and riding the bus. I pray that her excitement continues all year long as she conquers kindergarten!  

No comments:

Post a Comment