Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Third Time's a Charm

Emmy and Boomer went on their annual Chick-Fil-A Daddy Daughter date this past Saturday. I say "annual" because it is the third year in a row for this pre-Valentines Day tradition. The past two years of date nights haven't necessarily been successful. You may remember that Emmy spit up her chocolate milk the first year and then had an accident in the playplace last year. Thank goodness for Daddy's willingness to give it another shot! This year's event was actually off-site at the Kernersville Senior Enrichment Center, rather than at the Chick-Fil-A restaurant. Perhaps this change in venue can be credited for the more successful evening. The theme was "Sock Hop", and Emmy was so excited to wear her Minnie dress. She has been asking to wear it to church on Sundays, and I have gently steered her to another outfit. I thought her date would be the perfect time to say 'yes'; it kinda goes with the theme, right? We snapped a few photos before they left home, and then the other photos Boomer sent to me over the course of the evening. I loved getting the updates from him. According to Boomer, Emmy was tearing up the dance floor until the CFA cows came out. She quickly bee-lined back to Boomer at the table to eat her nuggets and fruit. Even though she wasn't a fan of the cows, there weren't any tears as there have been in the past with other large mascots. The evening ended with Cherry Coke floats, which Emmy really enjoyed. It seemed like both Emmy and Boomer had a lot of fun. Third time's a charm!
Here is one more cute photo of Emmy holding up four fingers for how old she will be next year. She is in a stage right now where she loves counting and asking what letter a certain word starts with. She loves the letter E, the colors purple and pink, and knows almost every song that comes on K Love. 
While Boomer and Emmy were on their date night, Eli and I spent some time together too...at the grocery store! Well, sorta. I took us out to dinner first at the Loop, and then I scheduled our Walmart Pick-up order for while I was out. Eli was cooperative through the whole evening. We have certainly had a lot of mommy-son bonding over the last few weeks. I know that I will never get to spend as much time with him as I am now during my maternity leave, and I am soaking up all my snuggles with him. 
Boomer sneaked this photo a few minutes later...
 
There have been a lot of other happenings over the last few days: Super Bowl party at my parents' house...
...a walk with friends on a beautiful 70-degree day...
...and the occasional tantrum in the car. Boomer will be leaving tomorrow for a conference at Pinehurst, so I am hoping there aren't too many of these over the next three days! Wish Mommy luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment