Monday, February 10, 2020

A Monday Massage

Boomer has returned from his conference at Pinehurst, and I survived the three days as a solo parent of two. I can't take credit for doing it all on my own; I certainly had a lot of help from my parents and my sister, who chipped in to pick up Emmy, feed us dinner, and help with bath time. It takes a village! In Daddy's absence, we stayed busy with walks downtown...
...Uno with the cousins...
...a rainy afternoon in bed...
 ...and a trip to the Science Center with Grammy.
Emmy went to school on Wednesday and Thursday, but I kept her home on Friday so that we could take a field trip to the Science Center. Unfortunately Emmy's favorite animals, the meerkats, were not out that day, nor were the newly acquired tigers. Bummer! But we had fun in the aquarium and on the motorcycles in the new exhibit "Hands-On Harley-Davidson." A lot of the animals were indoors because of the previous day's weather. On Thursday we had very heavy rains and wind, and we were even temporarily under a Tornado Warning. The daycare posted this photo on their Facebook page with all of the children sheltering in place (Emmy is in the front right.) God bless those teachers! Luckily everyone was safe, and we didn't have any damage at home. 
 
We sure missed Daddy while he was away, but I am glad that he had the opportunity to go to this conference to present and to collaborate with his colleagues. I am always so proud of him. In the latest Wake Forest Alumni magazine, he was included in the "Class Notes" section for accolades and accomplishments. 
With Boomer back home and the bad weather unexpectedly postponing the Friday night basketball games, we enjoyed dinner with my parents, and then on Saturday, we had dinner with the Williamses and Houstons. The work week has started again, and although Mondays usually get a bad rap, I certainly wouldn't complain if every Monday was like this one. I cashed in on my anniversary gift from Boomer and enjoyed an hour-long massage this morning. Before my massage, my mom came over early to watch Eli so I could work out. I am definitely feeling pampered! The massage was a full body relaxation massage, and the masseur even had a special pillow for nursing women, since laying on my stomach isn't very comfortable right now. I still have a second hour to use, and I am already looking forward to going back!

No comments:

Post a Comment