Monday, January 23, 2017

Trial Run

Once again, I feel so grateful to have this time during my maternity leave. It has been nice to solely focus on being a mother, and I've enjoyed the openness of our schedule and the slower pace. Some days, Em and I may not even get out of our pjs! If we do have an outing planned, it usually only means being away from the house for a couple of hours. However, this past weekend was anything but slow. I feel like it was a trial run for when I start back to work, because in fact, I went in to work! On Friday, I went to campus for a few hours to prep for our beginning-of-the-semester Spartan Guide training. I brought Em with me to campus, because I knew a lot of my coworkers would want to see her. I also knew that it would keep me from staying tooo long. I've found that once I start working, it's hard to step away. I surprised myself though and stuck to our schedule. I also planned a break when I could pump. This is what it looks like bringing your baby to work!


 After putting in a few hours at the office, I met up with one of my old Spartan Guides, Caitlin. She graduated last year from UNCG's School of Nursing, and she now works in Greensboro at one of the hospitals. It was so good to see her and catch up on her post-grad life. She brought a gift for Em and for me. So thoughtful!


After leaving Greensboro, we went up to Forbush to again have a Friday night dinner date with Daddy before his sporting events. This week, we went to a different restaurant, Taste of Italy. We highly recommend the mac-n-cheese bites and their pizzas!

On Saturday, I cohosted a shower for my friend, Katie, who is due in early March. She is having a boy, and I am excited that our two little ones will be so close in age.

Morganton Girls - Me, Katie, Emily, Coley, & Carrie
On Sunday, it was back to UNCG for the training. The training brings all of the tour guides together, and we kick off the semester by playing some games and reviewing the tour route. After 2+ months, I enjoyed being back with the students, and it was a productive day. Working with them is one of my favorite responsibilities of my job.
 

While I was at the training and also while I was at Katie's baby shower on Saturday, Em stayed home with Daddy. They got in a lot of bonding time this weekend! On Sunday night, we went out to dinner with Coley who was in town for the shower. It was a nice way to wrap up the weekend.

I realize that the days of my maternity leave are winding down, and while I'm not quite ready to go back yet, the weekend was a good way of easing back in. For my remaining days, I intend to enjoy every smile, every cuddle, every bath until then. 



No comments:

Post a Comment