Sunday, September 25, 2016

Diapers, Donuts, and Best Friends

We are getting closer to Baby K's arrival; Wednesday marked 33 weeks. Our friends and family have been so generous to help us get prepared! It still seems strange to me to see my name on a baby shower invitation, but isn't it so cute?!



The theme was diapers and donuts -- and we had plenty of both! I am so thankful to Megan and Sarah for hosting such a sweet shower! We sometimes joke that Megan has tried to 'steal' Sarah as her friend, but both are such special people to me; it's only natural that they too would become great friends! Over the years, we have had many fun nights with our guys and kiddos. We have had fun girl-time, too! Meg and Sarah put a lot of time and thought in to all the little details, and as moms themselves, I don't know how they did it!


Cast your vote: Pink or Blue?


To my surprise, Megan had asked Boomer some questions before the shower, and then she asked me the same questions. Surprisingly, I guessed a lot of his answers! We both said that I would be the one to say 'no', and we both felt our preparedness was at a '6.' Good thing he got the due date right! His answer for 'boppy' is pretty funny!



I realized as I looked around the room that there were special women from so many different circles of my life: childhood, graduate school, post-college, work, and family. How blessed I felt to have them all there to celebrate Baby K! It is amazing to know that these friends already love this tiny human inside of me and are just as excited as I am to meet him/her!




Can you spot the difference between the two pictures? Hint: there was a photographer swap!
Wake Girls (plus Julia, minus Christina!)
Matching baby bumps!



The hostesses
Baby K and I are so blessed to have these women in our lives. As the anxiousness and nervousness comes from time to time, I remind myself of the strong support system that is surrounding me. So many loving arms that want to hold Baby K, so many ears ready to listen to my worries and triumphs, and so many hearts that will share in raising this precious gift from God!




1 comment: