Sunday, September 11, 2016

Home Sweet Home

Baby Kennedy was showered with love on Saturday! We traveled home to Morganton for a very special shower given by my best friends. The seven of us girls have celebrated many milestones together, and being with them again this weekend reminded me of how blessed I am to have these girls in my life. It was also very special to be home in Morganton. With Mom and Dad now in Kernersville, my trips to Morganton are fewer and farther between. Saturday was only a day trip, but I loved being 'home' for that little bit of time. There is no better small town in September than Morganton. Surrounded by the mountains and feeling the cooler weather of fall, there's Friday night football and then the downtown festival. Kernersville is beginning to feel more and more like home, but nothing will replace the town and the people of Morganton.

I didn't make it easy on my girls with not knowing the gender, but they pulled off the most beautiful gender-neutral theme of 'up, up, & away', with hot-air balloons in yellows, greens, and blues. Coley made the most delicious cake, and even Kelly's husband, Matt, helped with the table decorations, making the cutest mason jar hot-air balloons.




 
And if the decorations and food were not enough, there were so many gifts!




Friends and family came from near and far. There were so many special women in the room; many of them are mothers that I have looked up to over the years. It was fun to hear their stories of motherhood -- what a fun, crazy ride I have ahead!

Shawna was one of my first friends when moving to Morganton -- BFFs since 3rd Grade!

Surrounded on both sides by pro-moms, Meg and Liz have two little ones of their own! They were cracking me up with their stories!



The sweet hostesses

The Garland Girls and our moms

I am already praying for the people who come in to Baby Kennedy's life, and I pray that he or she is surrounded by uplifting, loving, and faithful friends like I have been blessed with. Of all the gifts I received on Saturday, the reminder of friendship is the greatest one!

One last picture from the weekend, Forbush pulled off a big win Friday night against the cross-town rival Starmount, snapping a 10-year losing streak! Mom and Dad went with me to cheer on the Falcons, and here's a quick photo from the few minutes that Boomer sat with us. (He stays busy during the games!) Forbush is now 3-1 and will take on East Wilkes next Friday. 






1 comment:

  1. Sorry I didn't answer these blogs earlier, my bad Love U all

    ReplyDelete