Thursday, October 6, 2016

Fall is in the Air

The temps have been a little cooler this week, and it is starting to feel like fall. With the chillier weather, I have had to break out some of the warmer maternity clothes I've been given (Thanks, Meg!) It has been perfect timing that my due date matched up with Megan's due date for Maddox. I haven't had to buy a single piece of clothing throughout my whole pregnancy! On top of the maternity clothes, I have to give Megan another big 'thank you!' for her help last week with getting the nursery organized. She helped me wash, fold, organize, sort, and put away all of the wonderful gifts from Baby K's showers. She was such a lifesaver! Instead of being a chore, setting up the nursery was a lot of fun! It was fun to look again at each of the gifts and find a place for everything. Just like with maternity clothes, I haven't had to buy much. Boomer and I did make a trip to Babies R Us this past weekend to purchase our video monitor (with gift cards!) and also these adorable [gender-neutral] newborn onesies.  


As my baby bump gets bigger, I have found that it is a little more difficult to do certain things. Bending down and getting in/out of a car, just to name a few. I also had one unfortunate incident where I almost got stuck in a booth at a restaurant! While some things have been uncomfortable, I feel very blessed to be reaching the 36-week mark with very minor complaints. Overall, I have been feeling healthy and strong. I have continued to workout and do most of the things I have always done. At work, we are in the midst of our heavy recruitment season. Several days a week, I have been off-campus visiting local high schools in the surrounding counties. In addition to these visits during the day, there have also been several college fairs in the evenings. I try to drink a lot of water and then put my feet up when I get home!

My coworker, Megan, and I at the Guilford County CACRAO Fair

Speaking of fairs...

Tuesday was Boomer's birthday (the big 31!), and we celebrated on Wednesday with a trip to the Dixie Classic Fair! The fair always seems to coincide with Boomer's birthday, and we have gone several times in the past. It is always fun to walk around and take in all the sights. We never do any of the rides; we always go for the food! This year, I got a chicken pita, and Boomer got a ribeye sandwich (not pictured) and a deep-fried foot-long hot dog. For dessert, we had the deep-fried chocolate chip cookies - yum! Baby K's first trip to the fair was a success!




1 comment:

  1. Thank U 4 the pictures,with all the eating U R doing,it looks like U R putting on weight. Ha Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete