Sunday, October 23, 2016

Celebrate Good Times

There has been a lot to celebrate this weekend! Saturday morning started with a birthday party for Sarah and Josh's son, Luke. He turned 2 on October 20th and will soon be a big brother! Then later that afternoon, we celebrated Maddox's 1st birthday with a Mickey-themed party. After leaving Maddox's party, I found out that one of my best friends got engaged! Emily and [her fiancĂ©!] Daniel are planning an April wedding -- so exciting! Here are a few pictures from Maddox's birthday:


Getting Boomer to wear the Mickey ears took some persuading!
I am now going to the doctor every week. I went this past Thursday and again got a good report. The baby's heartbeat was higher this time - 164 beats/min. At previous appointments, it has usually been in the 140s or 150s. I'm not sure what might make the baby's heartbeat change, but given the higher number, my sister and I are now thinking perhaps it could be a girl. (One of the old wives tales is that girls have higher heartbeats than boys.) Just based on this alone, Meg is waffling back to her original prediction that Baby Kennedy is a girl.

We have been checking off to-do items on our baby list. On Thursday, Meg came over to help me pack my bag for the hospital. Also, in between the birthday parties on Saturday, Boomer and I went by one of the local fire stations to have our car seat installed. We have two bases for the car seat, so we installed a base in each of our cars. It is starting to feel more real seeing a car seat in my rear view mirror! There's not too much left to do but wait for Baby K's arrival!






1 comment: