Sunday, August 6, 2023

Final Days of Summer

First, Emmy upgraded to a big girl bed, and then she earned a yellow band on her swim test! Our girl is growing up! During our week at the beach, Emmy got a lot of practice swimming in the pool at the beach house. Even so, I thought there was only a slim chance that she would take the swim test this year. In fact, I was prepping her to take it next summer. But she surprised us all and decided she was ready. Grammy was with us that day at the Y and took Emmy to the indoor pool for the test. I was holding my breath until they returned, and I was so excited to see the yellow band on her wrist. We have had a few more pool days since, and it has been fun to see her confidence grow. Next summer we'll set our sights on the green band, which requires treading water for 30 seconds and doing a backstroke. Here are a few of our pool pics and other snapshots from our week!







On Wednesday and Thursday, I took a small group of students on college tours at four different universities. While I was gone, Emmy and Eli spent the two days with Grammy and Grandpa. They went to the movies, made crafts, went to the park, and swam at the indoor pool. I sure was jealous of their fun adventures. Both days, Eli napped in the twin bed at their house - he might be ready for an upgrade like his big sister!


With our summer days running out, we couldn't miss our annual visit to see Daddy at work. After stopping in at his office and posing for pictures, we took him out to lunch at Hammer Jack's Sports Grill. The kids think Daddy's 'school' is so fun, especially since they get lots of candy from his coworkers. Check out these pictures from the last four years of visits. 


One other end-of-summer tradition is the Wyndham Golf Tournament. After passing off the kiddos to Grammy at church this morning, we headed to Greensboro with my Dad for the final round. We arrived at the course a little after 9:30AM. I joke that my favorite part of the day was my iced caramel latte, which Dad got for me with his volunteer badge. I enjoyed sipping on it while we walked the front 9. Then we found a shady spot at the 10th green and parked there for the rest of the afternoon. We got to see many big name golfers, like Justin Thomas, Adam Scott, and Webb Simpson. After seeing the leaders play through, we headed back to Kville to meet up with Grammy, Emmy, and Eli for dinner. It was a fun day and a great last hurray for summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment