Tuesday, July 27, 2021

So Long, Gma

We are still processing the very sad news that my Grandma Nancy passed away last Wednesday. It is usually so easy to write my blog posts about happy things or the every day happenings of our family. But now during sad times, I'm finding it difficult to put into words the surprise and the grief. Gma had been in and out of the hospital over the past month, and we thought that she would transition to a rehab facility and then back to her apartment. While at the hospital this last time, she passed away in her sleep. We had a small family memorial for her on Monday where we shared memories and prayed together. Gma loved her great-grandchildren so much, and she was always giving them baggies of M&Ms and other chocolate. When I realized on Monday morning that I still had a few of these baggies in my fridge, I brought them along to the funeral home. We are thankful for the 89 years Gma had on this Earth, and we look forward to seeing her again in Heaven. As she signed off on each of her phone calls, "so long" Gma. 

Nancy Lynn Bakewell
September 22nd, 1931 - July 21st, 2021




No comments:

Post a Comment