Thursday, July 15, 2021

Cruise Director

The summer is passing by so quickly! The 4th of July is always bittersweet, since it marks the halfway point. We have been staying busy with lots of fun summer adventures. Each day Emmy will ask "Where are we going today?" so I often feel like a cruise director as I list off the day's agenda. Here are some pictures from July: 

Morning playtime in Eli's crib

Pool Day with Daddy

Pool Day with Grammy


Brothers at the Dash game
Petting a tortoise at the Science Center
Play time with the Saddlers at the park

Picnic with the Moores and Alfaros


SciWorks with Lyla


Box seats at the High Point Rockers - thank you, Kelly Willis!

Last weekend, I was able to go to the beach for a few days with the girls. Unfortunately it started out with this...
I picked up a large bolt in my tire before even leaving Kernersville! Thank goodness for the quick thinking of my Dad, we were able to drop my car off at his tire place, and I still managed to get on the road before 8AM on Friday. On my way east, I stopped outside of Raleigh in Holly Springs to meet Jen's new baby Jackson Robert, born on June 13th, and Amy's new baby Anna Gray, born on June 1st. We didn't take any pictures together, but it was so great to see my Wake girls. I drove the remaining way down to North Myrtle Beach where I met up with the Morganton girls. We had two full days at the beach on Saturday and Sunday. When we weren't on the beach, we hung out at the house, putting together puzzles and drinking fun drinks. We went out to dinner on Friday night at Flying Fish in NMB and to Oyster Rock in Calabash on Saturday night. If our count is correct, this year was our 14th year of our annual beach trip!  



While I was away with the girls, Boomer was Super Daddy. He picked up my car from the tire place, did laundry, ran the dishwasher, all while keeping our two kiddos alive! On Saturday, they went to Star to spend the day with Granny and PawPaw at their pool. Emmy is getting more confident with jumping off the side. She still wears her puddle jumper, but she seems to love going to the pool and being in the water. She has warmed up a bit since the beginning of the summer when it took some coaxing for her to go in. On Sunday morning, Boomer, Emmy, and Eli went out to breakfast at Waffle House back in Kernersville, and Boomer let Emmy hand over the money to the waitress. Emmy liked telling me later that she "paid" :) Boomer said that from time to time, she would say that she missed me. It won't be long until we are all at the beach together - Bakewell Beach Week kicks off this Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment