Tuesday, October 2, 2018

So long, September!

We wrapped up the last days of September with a fun weekend with friends. On Friday, we had a park dinner with the Williamses and Houstons. Since Forbush football was on a bye, even Boomer was able to join us! It is rare for us to spend a Friday night together this time of year. Then on Saturday, we had a double date with our friends Ashley and Jared. This is the fourth year in a row that we have had our end-of-summer winery outing, and it has now become an annual tradition. Over the last three years, we have gone to JoLo Winery (in Pilot Mountain), Herrera Vineyards (in Dobson), and Westbend Winery and Brewery (in Lewisville). This year, we went to Divine Llama Vineyards, not far from Boomer's school in East Bend. It was a nice Saturday afternoon, and the winery had a large deck with seating in the shade. The four of us enjoyed the time to unwind, the mamas talking about potty training and National Boards, and the guys talking about school and sports. Sadly we did not get pictures with the llamas which, as its namesake, wander the vineyard, adding a fun farm-feel for people to pet and pose with. After a few hours at the winery, we headed to an Italian restaurant called Kitchen Roselli, also in East Bend. The restaurant is in an old brick building that has been renovated to include about 20 tables. Luckily we had made a reservation, because it seemed to be a not-so-hidden gem, with most of the other tables full. The restaurant is known for authentic Italian dishes and salads served in mason jars. I would highly recommend the Chicken Bianco and then a cream puff for dessert. As you can see, you will not be disappointed by the portions!

The weekend ended at East Coast Wings on Sunday evening with some silly photos with Daddy. 
Our mornings during the week are still very early, and we have been keeping to our routine of getting out the door around 6:30AM. Emmy is usually pretty cooperative, but sometimes we will use music from one of our phones to help her wake up. Boomer and I both have started to memorize these silly little tunes about "the night is getting over", "it's gonna be morning soon", and "Daddy's coming home in his red, red car." Here are a few early morning photos from the week. One day Emmy was supporting Aunt Carlin's team in honor of the start of hockey season on October 1st. We hope to again go to a Charlotte Checkers' game; we had a lot of fun last year! 
Emmy's newest trick is circling her arms to the tune of "The Wheels on the Bus", usually after seeing an actual bus or a large truck or semi. She must have picked this up at daycare, because one day she just started doing it! I am amazed at all she is learning. We sang the song a lot this week so that Emmy could practice her newest skill. 

I'll wrap up with a 'humble brag': I'm getting faster! Throughout the month of September, I was able to run consistently 3-4 times a week, mostly on a route around my school. I have developed a good routine of fitting in my exercise right after school before heading to Kernersville to get Emmy. While I used to drive to Kernersville first and then run around Emmy's daycare, I now quickly change after the last bell and hit the pavement right outside of my school. I usually end my run back at the parking lot around 4:15PM. I have variations of 3-, 4-, or 5-mile routes, depending on how much time I have, but mostly I have been knocking out the 5 miles at a pretty quick pace. I know I won't be running as much once it gets colder, but I am enjoying the nice mild weather for now. Yay for Mommy getting her exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment