Saturday, September 23, 2017

Fall and Football

Before writing this blog post, I thought to myself, We haven't really done much this week. Nothing momentous, no big milestone. Maybe I should skip writing this week. But wracking my brain now, I guess there have been a few things in the last seven days: 

- We celebrated Grandpa Buzz's and Great Grandma Nancy's birthdays with a family lunch on Sunday. 
- I delivered a meal to our friends, Jared and Ashley, who just had a new baby, and I got to cuddle their sweet 3-week old, Griffin.
Boomer was on Emmy-duty that night and worked long hours the other nights.
- Emmy moved up to size 3 diapers; however, she continues to have blowouts at daycare so we are trying to figure out what might be the reason. Should we try a different brand?
- Emmy and I had a dinner date at Jersey Mike's when Boomer had to stay late at school for volleyball.
- After work on Thursday, we went for a walk with Grammy, Megan, Z and Maddox.
- With Grandpa Buzz on his annual golfing trip, Grammy joined us for dinner at Kimono's. 
- I had a Teacher Workday on Friday and met with the college liaisons at the two other high schools in the county. It was helpful to swap ideas and plan for the upcoming spring registration. 
- I dealt with some technical issues with my pump, which prompted a trip to Babies R Us to buy a new battery adapter, only to find out that I had replaced just 4 of the 8 batteries. Ugh!
- I put about 400 miles on my car this week, traveling all around Forsyth, Surry, and Yadkin counties. Yikes!
- My sister and I ran 10 miles last Saturday and another 8 miles this Saturday; we are just three weeks out from our half-marathon on October 14th. 
- I've started to plan Emmy's 1st birthday (can you believe it?!), and I realize I'm a terrible party planner. What should be the theme? What should Emmy wear? I made a few Etsy and Amazon purchases today...here's to hoping they arrive in time!

With the official start of fall on Friday, we kicked off the season in a very fitting way, with a football game. So many of my memories from fall seem to be centered around football, whether Friday night at the high school, Saturday on the couch or at a college stadium, or Sunday with Boomer switching between pro games and following his fantasy team. I am always sad to see the end of summer, but the excitement of football is one thing that helps me let go of summer and look ahead to the next season. On Friday, Forbush had a home football game, and there was a faculty tailgate beforehand. Emmy and I were able to go, and my mom, sister, and Zander also came along. We had a fun time eating dinner and seeing Boomer's coworkers. Just before kickoff, Emmy and I hit the road to get home for bedtime. It was a beautiful evening, and Forbush pulled off a win. Go Falcons! On Saturday, we watched more football, in particular the Appalachian vs. Wake game. Granny visited for the day while PawPaw is in Florida. Funny enough, both Grandpa Buzz and PawPaw Bret are out-of-town this weekend, leaving the grandmas some extra time to themselves play with Emmy. We've enjoyed a lazy Saturday, and Emmy loved the extra attention. 

With football season in full swing, it's officially autumn. Happy Fall!  








No comments:

Post a Comment