Monday, September 11, 2017

10 Months Old!

Double digits! Emmy is 10 months old!






We celebrated this monthly milestone on Sunday. It was helpful to have Boomer as my 'assistant' for these photos, because Emmy is hard to contain these days. She is a busy little bee! In fact, we had to finally pack up the rainforest play mat, a favorite activity for many months that no longer keeps her entertained. At 10 months old, Emmy is still in size 2 diapers during the day, and we have moved up to size 3 diapers at night. She continues to love her sleep, sleeping anywhere from 10 to 12 hours at night. She still does not take a long nap at daycare, so we try to make sure she gets to bed early at night (around 6:30PM) and that she gets caught up on the weekends, usually with two naps each day. At first, I was hesitant to have two naps a day on the weekends; I was afraid it would reverse any napping progress at daycare. My mother-in-law made a great point though: don't we all like naps on the weekend?! Granny helped me see that the weekend is a great time for Emmy to get her rest, just like adults do! In the last month, Emmy has started to say words like "mama," "dada," and my favorite "uh oh!" She usually responds to her name, both Emmy and Emerson. She will also turn when we call her by our silly nickname of "girl girl." (I'm not sure how that one stuck!) She has moved on to a small list of solid(ish) foods. We still have not had much success with the Gerber 3s Lil' Bits. Instead, we continue to use the Gerber 2s, and we have started to offer small bites of bread and fruit, in addition to puffs and yogurt melts. This past weekend, she even tried some of a pumpkin spice cupcake (just the cake part, no icing) and scrambled eggs from a breakfast casserole. With some of these solid foods, she would readily open her mouth, something she wasn't doing with the Lil' Bits. I've been a bit worried about making my milk stash last for two more months, but I found that this weekend I was able to conserve some of my milk by offering table food instead. She continues to improve with using her fingers to pick up small pieces of food and bringing them to her mouth. Right now, she is using both hands equally, so it will be interesting to see if she turns out to be right-handed or left-handed. 

There have been so many fun milestones over the past month. Emmy is now able to crawl on her knees with her belly completely off the ground. From time to time, she will revert back to the fish flop or the worm; she even sometimes uses one leg as a kickstand to hobble about, but mostly she gets around on her hands and knees. She has also mastered pulling up on people or furniture....

...and holding her own bottle.

I was quite shocked the first time that she took the bottle out of my hands during her bedtime bottle. For this nighttime feeding, she continues to drink around 7-8 ounces. I know that at daycare they have worked with her to hold her own bottle, and it makes her seem so independent now! If she is pretty tired, she will still let me hold it, which I don't mind one bit. :)


In addition to celebrating 10 months, the weekend included a pre-game dinner at Forbush on Friday night. We weren't able to stay for the game (too late!), but we got to see Daddy and some of his coworkers before kick-off. It was the big rivalry game versus Starmount, and sadly Forbush lost 20-0. It was a win for the Kennedy girls though, because we got to eat some barbeque and see Daddy. Emmy loves riding on Daddy's shoulders!

On Saturday morning, Emmy, Grammy, and I hit the road to Morganton. We had not yet met the newest arrivals, Hadley Anne and Adelia Wren, both born in late July/early August. It was a beautiful fall-like day, and it was the very same weekend that we went home to Morganton last year for my baby shower. I couldn't help thinking how much has changed in one year! Coley hosted us all at her house, and it was such a special day hugging, laughing, cuddling, and playing. And of course taking photos, too! Emmy looked so big next to the babies! It is hard to believe that she was once that little. Casey bought matching monogrammed dresses/onesies for the three girls, and it was so sweet to see them together. We even had a synchronized wardrobe and diaper change -- all of us were laughing at that, even Emmy! The time passed by too quickly; before I knew it, it was time to hit the road back to Kernersville. There are times that I miss having the same connection to Morganton that I did when I lived there or my parents lived there. But I feel so blessed by the friendships I have made that bring a feeling of home whenever we are together.



One year ago...
...and now.

We had a relaxing Sunday, spending some extra time with Daddy. We also visited Great Gma and Great Gpa. Emmy showed off her newest tricks of crawling, sitting, eating puffs, and waving!

Oh, and I should mention we ended the weekend with Mommy locking the keys in the car! Boomer, Emmy, and I went to East Coast Wings on Sunday evening, as is our tradition. On the way there, I pumped in the car (as I often do these days), and when we arrived at the restaurant, Boomer and Emmy went inside to get a table, leaving the keys with me. After I finished up, I went right inside without grabbing them off of the dash. After dinner, we realized my mistake! There the keys were; right in plain sight. Luckily my dad came to the rescue! He was our very own AAA! Thank goodness for Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment