Monday, August 29, 2016

Back to School

With August winding down and the school year starting again, it's time to say farewell to summer. It was a great summer with so many special memories and milestones! Now, there's the Open House nights, sporting events, teacher workdays, and first-day-of-school pictures. At UNCG, we had our first day of classes last Monday, August 22nd, and Boomer had his first day with students last Wednesday, August 24th. So far, I think the year is off to a great start for both of us! After making it through the first few days, we had a nice, relaxing weekend in Kernersville. On Friday night, Boomer went to the away Forbush football game at North Iredell HS. (Forbush won again, and they are now 2-0!) Normally I would have gone with him to the football game, but I spent the evening with my two-legged and four-legged nephews. Meg had a get-together with some of her work friends, so I came over just before bedtime. By 8:30AM, all of the boys were asleep. It was a pretty easy gig! I watched the Panthers pre-season game and read a little bit until Meg and Zack came home.


On Saturday, Boomer and I went to breakfast at Fitz's on Main, and then we went to the YMCA for a workout and to see Zander's last swim lesson. Later, we went out to dinner with our friends Jared, Ashley, and their one-year-old Harrison. We went to a new restaurant in downtown Winston-Salem called Camel City BBQ -- the pulled pork cheese fries were delicious! Just before dinner, Boomer snapped this photo of me. I'm at 29 weeks now -- 30 weeks on Wednesday!


I had a doctor's appointment this morning, and it was a good report -- everything is measuring right on schedule, and the baby's heartbeat was 140 bpm. I will now go to the doctor every two weeks; my next appointment is September 15th. Time is going by so quickly! Next weekend is a three-day weekend, and we will be going to the lake with the Kennedys. Summer may be over, but we are still enjoying these last days of sunshine.

2 comments: