Friday, August 5, 2016

The Dog Days of Summer

Since coming home from the beach, it's been back to the routine of work, errands, to-do lists, and adulting. Luckily, there have been a lot of fun things to ease the end-of-summer blues! Last weekend, my best girlfriends got together in Winston-Salem. It had been several months since we had all been together, and it was much needed girl time. We stayed together at Emily and Carrie's house, so it was a sleepover like in our high-school days. It is so special when we are all together! We went to a winery on Saturday (Childress Vineyards in Lexington, NC) and then out to dinner that evening. I am already looking forward to being back together in September when these sweet girls are throwing a shower for Baby K!


(posing in front of Kelly's car)


I celebrated my 3-year workiversary with UNCG Admissions on August 1st! I had three special visitors on that day to celebrate with me. My sister brought Zander and Maddox to campus, and we had lunch together at a pizza place nearby. Aren't they the cutest future Spartans you have ever seen?!



It is hard to believe that three years have already passed since I changed careers from teaching to higher education. I have enjoyed the challenge, and I love my roles and responsibilities of this new job. Here are a few photos from this first few years...I look forward to many more!





Onto baby news, my last doctor's appointment was earlier this week, and I had the dreaded glucose test. It actually wasn't so bad! I had been told about this rite of passage for all expectant moms, drinking the super-sweet liquid to see if your body is processing sugar correctly. Probably because of my love for soda, it didn't seem that bad to me! And I passed..whew! Also at the appointment, I heard the baby's heartbeat again (152 beats per minute), had my iron levels tested, and received the TDAP vaccine. It will be another four weeks until my next appointment, and then shortly after that, I will be going every two weeks until Baby K arrives!


We have also made some progress with the nursery and other baby prep. Meg and I went to Target together earlier this week to register. Also, the baby furniture arrived, and thanks to the help of my wonderful family, we brought it home and up the stairs (very heavy stuff!). Next step: putting it together!




1 comment: