Tuesday, July 5, 2016

The Halfway Mark

I'm finally feeling pregnant! I know that sounds silly, but it has taken some time to get used to the whole idea! Because of my miscalculation in the beginning and thinking I was 8 weeks when I was really 10 weeks, it all seemed to happen so fast. I had my first doctor's appointment at 12 weeks (about 2 weeks later than most expectant mothers). It was a flurry of appointments after that, and then before I knew it, I was at the halfway mark! Many of the appointments have been the standard weight and blood pressure check, sometimes drawing blood, and listening to the heartbeat (always a great sound!). My mom came with me to one appointment when I was 17 weeks, and she got to hear the heartbeat, too. That was very special! 

In the first half of pregnancy, there have been a few other milestones: 





Last week on June 27th, we had the big anatomy ultrasound. Although we are not finding out the gender, it was still a very big moment seeing our little baby again. We saw the baby for the first time during the first ultrasound on April 28th. With this second ultrasound, there was a lot more to see. It was great news all around! The baby was measuring 14 ounces and just a few days ahead of schedule. The heart and other organs are developing as they should. The heartbeat was 144 bpm. We left the office with several ultrasound pictures but mostly relieved minds. Thank you to everyone who is already praying for this little baby! Since we did not find out the gender, it has been fun to have friends and family make guesses. Many are saying a girl, since my sister has two little boys. Her theory is that I am meant to have all of the pink in our family. Many others are saying boy, especially my boss, Kacy. She is pretty convinced it is a boy! We will see!

My clothes are starting to get tighter, and I have a noticeably rounded belly. With some clothes, I'm not sure if it's obvious that I am pregnant, although I rocked a bikini during this past July 4th weekend, and I think it was pretty clear! The weekend was a lot of fun! We spent the weekend at the lake with the Kennedys, and Baby K went on several boat rides and even one (slow) jet-ski ride! It's a tradition each year for the family to get together, and it is a weekend that I always look forward to. Unfortunately Kyle, Boomer's youngest brother, was not able to come, but it was still a full house with everyone else there. 





Trivett (6 years old) and Adelynn (4 years old) are so full of energy. Kessley (16 months) is on the move, too. Baby K will have so much fun with his/her cousins next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment