Friday, July 1, 2016

Ready or Not...

It is hard to believe that I am halfway through this crazy thing called pregnancy. Well, first I have some "catching up" to do! :) We found out mid-March (March 16th to be exact!) that we were expecting. With my 30th birthday just around the corner, it seemed like the right timing to get serious about family planning. We were surprised when the test said "Pregnant". (Thank you Clearblue, no guesswork necessary!) It was a bit surreal. For the next few weeks, we kept the news a secret from all of our friends and family. I think back now on how sweet that time was when only Boomer and I knew. Of course it couldn't be that way forever. I would soon be showing! 


The first person I told was my sister. We were just a couple of weeks out from running a half-marathon, so what better way to tell her than right before one of our long Saturday runs? She was very surprised and excited to say the least -- and the 10 miles went by pretty quickly! As a professional mom of two little boys, she wanted to know everything -- how was I feeling? any morning sickness? when was the due date? I had not yet been to the doctor, so I estimated that I was 8 weeks. Turns out, I was actually already at 10 weeks! She even predicted my due date, which was confirmed by the doctor: November 9th, 2016.

November 9th, 2016. Wow!


A few weeks later, on Mother's Day weekend, we told both of our families. There were great reactions from all the grandparents, aunts, and uncles. One thing is for sure, this will be one loved little baby!



Since Mother's Day weekend, it has been a blur of doctor's appointments, fun summer travels (more about that later!), and early preparations to create some sort of nursery in our home. It's hard to turn off the scrolling to-do list that I have in my brain and to instead enjoy this special time. Rather than listing the things still left to do, I'll share the things that we have accomplished so far: 

  • Found a doctor's office in town
  • Scheduled our Infant CPR and Lamaze/Birthing classes
  • Removed all furniture from the former guest room (a soon-to-be nursery!)
  • Announced to our family and friends that we were expecting

  • Made our first payment for Baby K's pre-natal care (whew, this will be expensive!)
  • Registered at Babies R Us - thanks for your help, sis!


  • Picked out a paint color for the nursery (stay tuned for the big reveal!) 
  • Organized all of the maternity clothes that I have received (again, thanks Meg!)
  • Oh, and grew a baby that is now measuring 21 weeks and 14 ounces!
By the way, I completed that half-marathon but have since been taking it easy and indulging just a bit! #YOPO 



1 comment:

  1. So excited to read your journey! You're right, that is one loved baby!! :)

    ReplyDelete