Friday, May 31, 2024

Endings

Baseball season has come to an end for the Kennedy kids, and as luck would have it, both kids had their last games on the same night, at the same time. I did my best to split my time between the fields, as did the grandparents. Bret and Cathy made the trip to watch the games, and Grammy and Grandpa were there too; they've been loyal fans all season. While Boomer and Emmy were at her game, the five of us started out at Eli's game. The league made it really special for the players, with the game being on one of the bigger fields, and they even announced the players' names and had a special medal ceremony at the end. After Eli received his medal, we made our way to Emmy's game, where they were in the 3rd inning, about halfway through. Sadly the Plumbers were already down by 10 runs, which made catching up impossible. Emmy batted well and had several good stops in the field. Win or lose, I was very proud of both of my little ballplayers. It has been such a fun two months, and I have to admit, I am going to miss it. We may even consider signing up for fall ball - eek!
Shortly after this photo, all three ended up on the ground! 


Today was the last day of preschool for Eli, and he had the special honor of being a junior marshal in the Pre-K Graduation. He was selected by his teacher, and at first we weren't sure what it entailed. When Eli found out he would have to wear the Tiny Titan costume, he wasn't as excited as I had hoped. But luckily when I arrived for the ceremony, he was dressed up and even smiled in pictures. I'm glad that Eli still has another year of preschool...I'm not quite ready for him to head off to kindergarten. I know the next year with undoubtedly pass quickly, but I am going to do my best to soak up every moment. 

Eli and I will have a week together before Emmy has her last day on June 7th. She isn't too excited that she still has to go to school, but I assured her that we wouldn't have too much fun without her. As I do every year, I made our Summer To-Do List. Who knows, we might just get started on it this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment