Sunday, April 21, 2024

April Happenings

Even though our days mostly revolve around work and baseball right now, we have had some other events sprinkled in. Last week, Eli's preschool had their annual St. Jude's Trike-a-thon. Grammy and Grandpa went to cheer on our little guy. I had sent his trike to school that morning, but it turns out he had a preference for a classmate's scooter instead. 

This past Saturday, we went to the Kernersville Touch-a-Truck. It was our first time going to this annual event, and we were so impressed by all the different kinds of trucks there: semis, ambulances, excavators, concrete trucks, garbage trucks - you name it, it was there. The kids had so much fun exploring all the vehicles, and it was a beautiful day to be outside. 






And then I celebrated turning 38! My birthday was this past Tuesday, and in a lot of ways, it resembled every other day that week: work, hustling to pick up kids, dinner at a fast food restaurant, a couple hours at the ballfield, and then a mad rush to bed. I did have a few sweet surprises; my coworkers brought in treats, and I received a few handmade gifts from my family: cards from the kids and a video from Boomer. He picked out lots of photos from over the years and set it to a song we hear on K Love called Counting my Blessings by Seph Schlueter. It had me tearing up seeing all the sweet pictures of our little family. I think 38 will be a great year!

A few other happenings: Emmy and I wore our matching dresses again to church, and the book fair came to Emmy's school. She was so excited to use her own money to purchase another Jory John book and a diary with a lock and key. (One of the keys has already gone missing, somewhere in Mommy's car.) And of course, more baseball! Emmy loves doing all the chants in the dugout, and she had a particularly good hit when the bases were loaded. It turned into a triple, scoring three runs! Eli loves everything about the game. If he's not playing, he's watching it on tv or making up a game by himself. I've decided there is nothing cuter than a little boy with his hat turned backwards. 



And as for that free Dash shirt, big sister shared and let her little brother wear it for awhile. They do have some sweet moments sometimes!


No comments:

Post a Comment