Friday, July 14, 2023

Mommy's Getaway

Soon after the July 4th holiday, I headed to North Myrtle Beach for the annual GG Beach Weekend! I rode along with Emily and Carrie on Thursday and returned to Kernersville on Monday. Yes, four whole days and nights! I had the best time with the girls hanging out on the beach, going out to dinner, lounging around the house, working on a puzzle, and eating all the junk food. I did have to do a little bit of grad school reading while I was there, but otherwise, it was so nice to unplug and relax. I am so thankful for these girls, and we have already marked our calendars for next year's trip!




I had another mini girls getaway this past Thursday night with the Wake girls. We met for dinner in Durham at a restaurant called Alley 26. After dinner, we hung out at the rooftop bar at the Hotel Durham and then we ended our night with ice cream from The Parlour. It was such a fun evening of catching up. 
While I was away, it was a team effort between Boomer and my parents to hold things down at home. My mom took the kids to the pool last Thursday, and Emmy worked on her swimming, while Eli enjoyed squirting water from the side. On Friday, Boomer and the kids went to the Science Center, and on Saturday, they went to Star. Both were full days, and Boomer did all the prepping and planning himself. When Boomer had to return to work on Monday, my mom watched the kids again. They had a fun morning at the park, followed by painting and crafts in the afternoon. When I got home on Monday, they had so much to tell me. It felt good to be back home with my crew. 






We resumed our summer activities on Tuesday, with a movie with our friends Stephanie and Lyla and then lunch at the neighborhood playground. Eli managed to find a particularly muddy spot which required 7 wipes to get clean! We had a play date with Emmy's friend Norah on Wednesday. On Thursday, we went to the Science Center with Ashley, Harrison, and Griffin. Since it was Shark Week, the kiddos got special shark-themed goodies. When Daddy was home with us today, we had a picnic and practiced riding bikes at 4th of July Park. Emmy is great on the bike, and I'm sure Eli will get the hang of it soon. Like with Emmy, we are hoping the balance bike does its magic. It would be wonderful to have two experienced bike riders by next summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment