Sunday, February 12, 2023

Busy February

February has been a month already! There have been a lot of competing responsibilities, and we are doing our best to keep all the plates spinning. During the first weekend, Boomer went up to Virginia for the funeral for his grandfather. At the same time, my parents and sister went down to Florida for the funeral for my grandfather. Torn between making the trip north or the trip south, I stayed here in Kernersville with the kiddos since that seemed like the best plan. For Tall Man (Randy), there was a graveside service, followed by a gathering at the fire hall. There were several other meals and family events throughout the weekend. Boomer said a few words at the service, and he shared them with me beforehand. He always is so good at putting things into words, and it was a very special tribute to his grandfather. For my Grandpa Bill, the service was on Friday, and then the family had a potluck lunch at the church afterwards. Later that evening, my family, including my aunt and cousins, helped my grandmother with some things around her home and had a bonfire, just generally enjoyed the time together. After all, it is not often that our family is together, given the miles that separate us. My parents and Megan returned on Saturday, and then Boomer came home on Sunday. After being solo for the weekend, I was very thankful to have everyone back in Kernersville. The kids and I kept to our usual routine of movie night and basketball. Emmy had two baskets at her game, one that was a buzzer beater. It was very exciting!


 On February 3rd, Boomer and I went to Emmy's school for our first parent teacher conference. Just a routine, mid-year conference, and it was a great report. Emmy has been doing well academically and socially. Like on the very first day of school, I snapped this picture of Daddy and Emmy walking down the hall. It always melts my heart to see the two of them holding hands. Boomer, Grammy, and Grandpa went back to Emmy's school this past Wednesday for Awards Day. Emmy was recognized for Honor Roll and for completing the most lessons on DreamBox. Unfortunately I was not able to go to the ceremony, but Aunt Megan had a great spot in the front to snap a few photos. 

This evening we went over to Mom and Dad's house to watch the Super Bowl. As usual, there was a yummy spread of food, and we watched the first half together before Boomer and I took our crew home for bedtimes. We'd gladly sign the petition to move Super Bowl to a Saturday :)

We've also been counting down to Valentine's Day. The kids have enjoyed adding hearts to their calendars and getting sweet messages from Grammy each morning. I have to laugh as I read the pairs of hearts. It is very evident the differences between a girl and boy! But I wouldn't have it any other way <3

No comments:

Post a Comment