Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Be My Valentine

It's probably no secret that I love my traditions. But this one I especially cherish. Each year Emmy poses with the same sign to ask Boomer to be her Valentine. It is so special looking back at the pictures from previous years. One thing is for sure, Emmy has gotten more cooperative! This year's photo shoot was so speedy, and she smiled and sat still with very little coaxing. I suppose there will come a time that she is uncooperative again...but for now, I love that she wants her Daddy to be her Valentine. 


Boomer and Emmy went to the Daddy Daughter Dance hosted by the Town of Kernersville this past Saturday. The event was at Legacy Stables, where there was food, dancing, professional photos, and goodie bags for the daddies and the daughters. I loved getting the videos from Boomer as Emmy let loose on the dance floor. Boomer declared it the most successful Daddy Daughter date yet. (We all remember the time Emmy spit up her chocolate milk!...or when she cried because she thought she was taking Daddy to her dance class!) There were several friends at the dance; it seems that a lot of unsuspecting husbands were signed up by their wives (haha!) While Boomer and Emmy were at the dance, Eli and I enjoyed a night at home with leftover pizza and Blippi. It is special to have the one-on-one time with the kids. 





Yesterday on Valentine's Day, there was extra excitement in the morning as Emmy and Eli got treats from Mommy and Daddy and $5 each from Grammy and Grandpa. It cracked me up when Emmy said "Hey Eli, I can keep your $5 in my wallet." Mommy got a Valentine surprise too - 11 roses (minus 1 that was given to Emmy), Crunch and Munch, and Airheads. At school, there were parties for both kiddos. When I picked them up, they were loaded down with candy, trinkets, and other goodies. We hustled off to dance class, where Eli and I had a picnic outside. At the end of class, Emmy got to try on her recital costume. We missed Daddy while he was at his class, but it was a full and fun day. Happy Valentine's Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment