Friday, July 15, 2022

More Summer Fun

The summer days continue to fly by! On Monday, I went to school for a meeting which lasted most of the morning. Grammy watched Emmy and Eli, and I arrived home during naptime in the afternoon. I didn't mind going in to work for just a few hours, knowing that I would then resume my summer activities. I was glad to be back with the kiddos in my t-shirts and gym shorts for the rest of the week. On Tuesday, we got our third use out of the library pass to the Kaleideum. This time we went to the other location that used to be called SciWorks, which has an outdoor portion, as well as other indoor exhibits. Our friends Ashley, Harrison, and Griffin joined us. Eli loved fishing, and I showed tremendous growth by letting the kids play in the sand pit :) On Wednesday, we went to the park, and then on Thursday, the YMCA pool. I had trouble convincing Eli to come into the water, but Aunt Megan had the magic touch - not only did she get Eli in the water, but he even jumped off the side over and over again. Also, both kiddos tried the lily pads for the first time, again with Aunt Megan's special coaxing. Both of her boys are such strong swimmers, and it is so nice of her to help out with my little ones. It takes a village!



With Boomer off work today, we kept it low-key with a workout and some basketball at the YMCA, and then pizza and a sweet treat for lunch. We don't have too many of these Fridays left in the summer, and we sure have loved the extra day with Daddy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment