Sunday, July 10, 2022

Girls Getaway

This past week, I was only cruise director for half the week. Then I passed the baton to Boomer and Grammy so that Mommy could have a girls getaway to the beach! Prior to my trip, Emmy, Eli, and I checked out a (new-to-us) dinosaur playground in Winston-Salem with our friends Stephanie and Lyla. Emmy requested to pose with the ferocious T-Rex. The next day, we went to the downtown Kaleideum location with Megan and the boys. These cousins sure have a special bond. 

Emmy made a homemade race track for her brother
On Thursday, I rode along with Emily and Carrie to meet up with the rest of the girls at the beach. We had the best weekend filled with good food, beach time, and lots of laughs. After arriving, we made a grocery store run and then picked up pizza from Mellow Mushroom. We went out to eat on Friday and Saturday nights: Oyster Rock where I ordered the coconut shrimp, and then Taco Mundo, a new restaurant at Barefoot on the Beach, where I got a shrimp and a beef taco with a margarita flight - yum! If our count is correct, this year was our 15th year of beach trips! Wow! We've even made it on the collage of family pictures that hangs on the wall at the house. It's one of my favorite weekends of the year with some of my favorite people!






While Mommy was away, Emmy and Eli had a fun day with Grammy on Thursday while Daddy was still working. They made zucchini muffins and built a fort under the bar stools. With Daddy off work on Friday, he took over for three full days of solo parenting. Using the free pass I checked out from the library, they were able to go back to Kaleideum again. Emmy made me a special beaded bracelet to match her. Then on Saturday, they went to the Science Center. I have to admit, even at the beach, I was a little sad to be missing out on their adventures. The weekend ended with Grammy taking Emmy to her dance open house. The event included demonstrations and mock classes, along with raffles, a scavenger hunt, and other goodies. I arrived home just as Eli was waking up from his nap and Emmy was returning from dance. I've officially clocked back in as the cruise director, and while I loved my weekend away, I am happy to be back home for another week of summer fun with my two babies!



No comments:

Post a Comment