Saturday, February 26, 2022

She shoots, she scores!

I've had a lot of adult fun lately! Well, I should probably clarify: completely legal, kid-free fun! Last Saturday, Boomer and I enjoyed a double date with Ashley and Jared. We bought tickets for the Yadkin Winter Reds tour, which included wine and food at four different wineries: Hanover Park, Brandon Hills, RagApple Lassie, and Divine Llama. Each stop had a unique environment, and it was so fun to bounce around to each place. We ended the evening in Winston with dinner at Milner's. It was our first time there. I got the shrimp and grits, and Boomer got the ribeye - our typical pairing which allows us to share a little bit of each dish.  It was all around such a fun day. We are already planning out next outing!


In addition to the double date, I had mid-week plans with Caroline to see the Lion King at the Tanger Center. We had dinner at Hop's beforehand. Boomer was especially jealous; he loves their burgers. The show started at 7:30PM. Yes, started at 7:30PM. It was a late evening, but well spent! The performance was amazing; the costumes and singing took my breath away. I got home around 11PM. Luckily, I had just one day of work before the weekend. 
We had a momentous thing happen this morning - Emmy scored her first goal in basketball! It was in the last two minutes of the game, and one of her teammates handed her the ball right under the basket. She tossed it up, and after bouncing around, it dropped in! It seemed like the gym erupted; the fans for both teams cheered. And Mommy teared up! I just couldn't believe it. To think of how far we have come since the first game when she clung to Coach Daddy and hardly moved around on the court. She remembered earlier in the season when I said that I would buy her a cupcake if she made a basket....so after the game, we headed for the promised reward. Unfortunately I have no video of the basket, but of course I snapped a photo of our little shooter with her prized cupcake. Afterwards, we headed to the Science Center for a bit. What a great Saturday we've had!
A few other updates from our week: Emmy's favorite thing right now is copying letters from her books. In the minutes before school or in the evening after dinner, she will ask for paper and go right to work writing her letters. Her penmanship is really improving. On one of the warmer days this week, we enjoyed some time outside on the playground. Emmy had cap and gown pictures at school, in preparation for her preschool graduation in June. After going to kindergarten registration last week, it is so hard to believe how fast the time is going. The big downer this week was that Boomer got a flat tire on the way home from work. Thank goodness for AAA. After driving on a donut tire, we had to spend a couple hundred dollars for a new tire - bummer! 

At a faculty meeting last week, a couple of staff members secretly collected notes from students to pass out to each of us. I was so touched by the note I received. It's a keeper for sure! I have saved it in my desk (and am bragging by posting it here!) :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment