Friday, March 22, 2019

Hello, Spring!

The official First Day of Spring was this past week, and we are looking forward to lots of fun things in March and April! Last weekend, Boomer and I attended the first of our formal events of the season, the Forbush JROTC Military Ball. The Military Ball was at the Cody Creek Barn in Dobson like last year, and it was once again such a beautiful venue and a wonderful evening. It is always so impressive to see the cadets in their uniforms. As for my wardrobe, I had to shop in my sister's closet the night before so that I would have something to wear. I may have to do the same for Prom, too! The FHS Prom is coming up in April and then the ESHS Prom is in early May.
Earlier that day on Saturday, we went to a restaurant on our Our State list. We have a monthly subscription to the Our State magazine, and each month I flip through for any restaurants that are close by. This Saturday we checked out The Dog House in High Point. An old-fashioned, cash-only restaurant with a lunch counter and a few booths, they had delicious hot dogs and hamburgers. I got a hot dog, and Boomer got both! Emmy was content with her grilled cheese and some french fries (plus her usual assortment of banana, peanuts, and raisins.)
Eating out seems to be one of our favorite hobbies! I'm not sure we ate a single meal at home this week (eekk!) On Tuesday night, Emmy and I met Caroline for dinner. We love meeting Aunt Caro on a night that Boomer may have to work late. One of Emmy's teachers braided her hair at school, and she looked so cute. I guess Mommy may have to watch some YouTube videos to figure out how to do that!
On Wednesday night, we met up with the Bakewell gang to celebrate Zack's birthday. He chose Fire & Sticks, a favorite for our crew. The adults love the food, and the kiddos love the entertainment. All three cousins were well behaved, and it was a fun evening. Emmy somehow coaxed not one but TWO cupcakes from Grammy, and the evidence was all over her face!
We have plans this weekend to watch lots of March Madness basketball (I've filled out FIVE brackets!) and then to go to a Wake baseball game on Sunday. We are all soaring into Spring like...

No comments:

Post a Comment