Friday, February 15, 2019

Sharing Valentines

Emmy was under the weather last weekend, so our Valentine's week started off with some middle-of-the-night cuddles and several doses of Tylenol. Last Saturday, we went out to dinner at a local diner in Greensboro, and I snapped a few photos of a happy Emmy with her Daddy. I was quite surprised when I took her temperature at home shortly after, and she had a fever of 102!
Trying out another new restaurant from Our State Magazine
Her body was definitely fighting something, because on Sunday morning, she slept until 10:30AM! We had a quiet day at home, and I secretly loved every minute of it, aside from Emmy being sick, of course. No errands, no agenda; just a day spent in our pajamas. I think we all three needed the time to relax and recharge. On Monday, we made arrangements for Emmy to stay with Grammy and Grandpa for some extra TLC before it was back to daycare on Tuesday. There is still a lingering cough that I don't like, but luckily the fever hasn't come back. We are so thankful for Grammy and Grandpa! 

With Emmy on the mend, I then conquered my next task and a mommy first: making Valentines. Emmy's teacher sent home a class list, so I assumed my "mom duty" of putting together Valentines for each of her classmates. Luckily Megan had extra Valentines from her boys, so I was able to share with her! Thanks, Meg! 
Before...
After!
Miss Jewell sent a photo from the class Valentine's party where they had strawberry shortcake and other sweet treats. Emmy got a big haul of goodies!
Emmy wasn't the only one getting Valentines -- I had a special delivery to my school on Wednesday; yes February THIRTEENTH! Boomer always sends flowers a day early, and yet I am always surprised. He knows me too well -- I enjoy the flowers more knowing that he didn't spend a ridiculous fortune on the special delivery fee! Aren't they beautiful?!
On Thursday evening, Boomer wanted to cheer on one of his students that was wrestling in the first round of the state championship, so Emmy and I made plans for a Valentine's date with Aunt Caro. Emmy loved seeing Caroline and singing some of her favorite songs for her, like Old McDonald and the ABCs. She even showed off by going #2 while we were at the restaurant! (I spared Caro from going to the bathroom with us!) We are back on track with potty training after the rocky week last week. Emmy is such a big girl! We finished off dinner with a Valentine's cookie from Grammy.
I am so thankful for all the Valentine's in my life: parents that step in to help with a sick child, a sister that makes "mommying" easier, and friends that are good company on a Thursday evening after a busy work day. 

Valentine's Day wouldn't be complete without our newest tradition: Emmy's photos for Daddy. During Emmy's sick day on Monday, Grammy snapped our annual photos of asking Daddy to be her Valentine. She is definitely a Daddy's girl, and I am quite okay sharing with her! Happy Valentine's Day to everyone, especially our main man, a.k.a. Daddy! :)
2017 -- 2018 -- 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment