Friday, February 8, 2019

"Daddy working?"

We are so glad to have Daddy back home! Even though it was a relatively short work trip, everything just seems to run more smoothly when Daddy is here. Emmy was very quick to notice that Boomer wasn't there in the mornings. She knows that Daddy can't always be home in the evenings, and she will say matter-of-factly "Daddy working." His absence in the mornings was a bit confusing to her; she would say "Daddy working?" Luckily Grammy and Grandpa had us over for dinner one night, and Emmy was overall very good, so it wasn't too rough on Mommy. I tried to keep Boomer updated with pictures of our mornings and evenings. Here are a few snapshots from bathtime on Wednesday night, an afternoon walk on Thursday, and the car ride to school this morning. 
Surprisingly the hardest thing this week hasn't been the fact that Boomer was gone! ...We seem to have hit a potty training speed bump. After two solid weeks of dry days at daycare, I thought perhaps we had this thing down pat. Gosh, parenting sure has a way of humbling you! I found that I wasn't even worrying about getting that dreaded bag of dirty clothes, as I often worried all during the month of January. Her teachers and I have tried to figure out what might have caused the back-sliding this week, and the only thing we could come up with is the different schedule with outside time. The weather has been so nice, and they have been going outside in the mornings and afternoons. The bathroom just isn't as close as it is when they are in the classroom. I was most disheartened when I picked her up on Thursday and she was in a diaper :(  I hadn't done laundry Wednesday evening, and after a day of accidents, her cubby only had one extra pair of pants and underwear. After she had an accident, they had to put her in a diaper. I am trying not to get discouraged. Emmy has done well this week in the evenings, even going #1 on the potty at restaurants and #2 at home before bed. I am trying to keep my chin up while I give Emmy a good pep talk before sending her off to school each morning. I got a few pictures from Miss Jewell earlier this week, and Emmy sure does have fun outside. I can't blame her for wanting to play!
In addition to playing outside, Emmy's class has done a lot of arts and crafts. I love this one of Emmy's handprint. 
We went out to dinner tonight to celebrate the end of another work week and Daddy being back home. We are looking forward to the weekend ahead! Happy Friday, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment