Friday, April 13, 2018

Countdown to Summer

It's back to our regular routine! After Spring Break, I was worried that the work week would drag on, but it has actually gone by quite quickly. The hardest part of the whole week was right when the alarm went off Monday morning. It was a whole two hours earlier than when we got up the week before, and it was hard rolling out of bed while it was still dark outside. Emmy has done a great job adjusting back to our routine. I was a little nervous about her reaction to going back to daycare after a full week with Mommy, but as far as we can tell, it has been smooth. Probably the funniest part of the week was getting back the proofs for Emmy's school pictures. Her school had Spring Picture Day on the Monday right after the break, and I think her face shows exactly how we all were feeling! :)

I think I will save my money and not purchase pictures this time! Her fall pictures were so cute and worth purchasing, but aside for a few laughs, I don't think I would put these up in our home...

This week, we kicked off the April birthday celebrations with Grammy's birthday on Tuesday. We all had dinner together at the Loop (minus Boomer who had an event at school - we missed him!). The grandchildren loved helping Grammy blow out the candle on her cupcake; we had to light it several times so that everyone got a turn. Emmy was quite mesmerized by Grammy's special cupcake, as you can see in the picture. There were mini cupcakes for everyone else, and even Emmy got one! She loved the icing and the cake. 
 The weekend ahead is supposed to be in the mid-70s! I hope that we can spend some time outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. Hopefully spring is here to stay! Now that we are back at school for the final quarter, it is tempting to start the countdown to summer. Having the time off with Emmy will be so nice, and I am looking forward to Boomer having a lighter schedule. But I don't want to wish away the next two months. We have a lot of fun things planned: a couple of proms, more April birthdays, a race with my sister, a spa day, and Memorial Weekend at the lake. While I am certainly excited for summer, there is a lot to be excited about right now. It is important to enjoy the moment and take time to smell the roses (or tulips!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment