Friday, February 9, 2018

We survived!

Boomer had his annual conference at Pinehurst this week, and that meant Mommy was on solo parent duty! When Boomer went to this same conference last year, Emmy was still very little and didn't seem to require too much. I was nursing at that time, so that was a lot of hard work, but she was otherwise pretty easy: immobile, two-naps-a-day, and generally stayed in one place. Emmy is a bit harder to keep up with now, and there are several extra steps in the process of getting ready, eating a meal, and going to bed. In preparing for Boomer's absence, I was particularly nervous about pulling off the morning routine. On a typical morning, I usually get Emmy dressed and fed, and then Boomer gets her into her car seat and off to daycare. Boomer also offers relief when she's having a fussy morning, and he'll also carry her downstairs for breakfast, which is a big help when there is always an armload of other things to be carried down. After Boomer and Emmy leave, I'm just a few minutes behind them, after I have cleaned up the kitchen and gathered my things. One thing I discovered this week: it isn't so easy getting the car loaded while carrying a squirming toddler and trying not to ruin your make-up, hair, and clothing. Luckily we didn't have too many mishaps while Daddy was gone. Now that I know I can do it solo, I feel like Superwoman, but I'm so glad to not have to! Emmy and I had some fun girl time with lots of selfies, but we sure missed Daddy! Now that he is back home, we are looking forward to time together this weekend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment