Thursday, February 15, 2018

Sharing my Valentine

Boomer has had to be caretaker to both of his girls over the last few days. I was fighting a sore throat earlier in the week and finally went to the doctor on Wednesday. I found out that I have strep! I've been taking a prescription and already feel much better. With the pain of the sore throat subsiding, I've mostly just felt tired... but I suppose that is a common side effect of just being a mom :) Emmy has had some congestion and a cough, and I have been wearing a mask at home just to make sure she doesn't catch anything from me (or vice versa!) We went to her 15-month appointment on Monday, and we got a great report from the doctor. Ears, nose, and throat all looked clear, and he said that her heart and lungs sound good. This winter season has been particularly bad for germs and the flu, so I was very glad to have this appointment to check up on everything. Emmy weighed 21 lbs, 4 oz (51st percentile) and measured 31 inches long (66th percentile). We bribed her with Cheerios to keep her happy before and after shots! In the last photo, she is patting her belly, which is one of her newest tricks. She can identify her belly and her nose...we are working on other body parts too. 

For Valentine's Day, since Emmy and I both were under the weather, we enjoyed a quiet evening at home. I made my homemade stromboli (one of Boomer's favorites), and then Boomer brought me a bowl of ice cream in bed while I rested. Boomer and I will be getting a date night on Friday night. (Thank you, Grammy!) I have been looking forward to it, so hopefully I am back to 100% by then. Even though I'm getting the date night, I am otherwise sharing my Valentine again this year. There is no doubt that Daddy has two ladies in his life now, and he is so good to both of us! 
Emmy's Valentines from her classmates
Flowers delivered to my school :)


No comments:

Post a Comment