Friday, March 31, 2017

Spring is Here

Closing out March, it is exciting to look ahead to a new season! I'm looking forward to evening walks and dinners outside, longer days and warm temperatures. I think the cold days of winter are mostly behind us. I removed the insert from Emerson's car seat this week, and even just that small thing made me realize that time is moving on. I got a little sad as I was removing it. How silly, I know! We have used that insert almost since coming home from the hospital. It has kept Em warm and cozy throughout the holidays, in-and-out of the car, in stores and restaurants and to all of her first doctor's appointments. Her car seat looks empty now...and she looks so big!  In my last post, I wrote that Em was very close to rolling over from her back to her belly, and just this week, she officially did it! Earlier in the week, I told my mom how Em was getting stuck on her side and not quite making it over. My mom got this look on her face, and I just knew what it meant -- Em had rolled over already! I had to drag it out of her, but she told me that it had only happened once or twice (twice?!) I understood why she was hesitant to tell me: she didn't want me to feel like I had missed anything. I realize though that I am bound to miss things while I am at work. And if anyone should be there to witness something so momentous, I am glad that it is her. Luckily, I got to see it myself just this morning before I left for work. We celebrated and clapped and made a big fuss. It certainly is a big milestone, although I'm not sure what that means for the weeks ahead. It may be time to start baby-proofing the house. With as active as Em is, I don't think it will take her too long to figure out crawling. Here is a picture that my dad sent me just after Em rolled over at their house. She still has one arm that seems to be pinned under her, but otherwise, we officially have a mover.

On Thursday night, I finally got to see the remake of Beauty & the Beast. It came out two weeks ago, and my parents (specifically my dad!) wanted to see it together as a family. Trivia: The original animated Beauty & the Beast came out in 1991. That's 26 years ago! We watched it then as a family of 4, and so it was only fitting for us to see the remake together. With careful planning and coordinating of schedules, the Houstons, Bakewells, and Kennedys met for dinner beforehand at Sonic. Then the original Bakewells went to the movies, and Boomer and Zack covered bedtime duty. They are both such great dads, and it was a nice treat to have an evening out. We had so much fun!
While I was at the movie, I peeked at my phone, and I got this funny text from Boomer: "When you are trying to sing to your daughter but she just wants you to be quiet so she can go to sleep..." :)
Like Boomer's text said, Em can get a little bossy when she is ready for bedtime. She definitely will let you know that she is sleepy. She will start to wiggle out of your arms and look over at her crib. While sometimes I want to spend more time with her, I am glad that she is in such a good routine of sleeping in her crib. 

The week has also included a visit to Great Gma Nancy and Great Gpa Bobby's, bathtime smiles, walks and new toys at Grammy and Grandpa's, and filing taxes. Check out the cute bib we got for our precious little tax deduction! :)
And one last photo, we closed out the week with dinner at Chipotle and a massive blowout! Warning: Viewer discretion is advised! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment