Sunday, November 6, 2016

In the Home Stretch

We are in the final days before Baby K arrives! My friend Sarah had her baby on Friday -- a little girl! Sarah and I have gone through our whole pregnancies together, with her due date the day before mine, so it is certainly feeling like it could be any day now for me. As the weekend winds down, I even said to Boomer, "This could be our last weekend without a baby!" Only God knows the timing, and we are trusting His perfect plan.

This weekend was our open house at UNCG called Spartan Showcase. It is our big fall recruitment event, drawing around 1700+ guests to campus. During the early planning stages, it was always a question mark as to whether I would be there for the program. I made it through, and it was a great day! My primary duties during the day (and during other recruitment events) are supervising our student ambassadors. The Spartan Guides are such an amazing group of students, and I love working with them! In between sessions, I had a chance to take a quick photo with our mascot, Spiro!


After being on my feet for most of the day on Saturday, it was a nice treat to get a pedicure with Coley and Caroline. I can't remember the last time I got a pedicure (maybe our wedding?), and I am wondering why I don't get them more often! It was great to have some girl-time catching up with Coley and Caro. They both are excited to meet Baby Kennedy!



There have been a lot of big moments in history surrounding Baby K's due date. The biggest one is the upcoming election. This Tuesday is Election Day, but the presidential race has been in the headlines for months. It's most historic because of the two candidates: Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton and Republican candidate Donald Trump. There has been a lot of controversy surrounding both candidates, and the political ads have taken over every media outlet. Both Boomer and I voted early, Boomer in-person, and I voted by absentee ballot. We are praying for the future of our country and the country that Baby K will grow up in.

The other big headline was that the Chicago Cubs won the World Series. The Cubs beat the Cleveland Indians to end a 108-year drought (some may say 'curse'!) While not Cubs fans, Boomer and I had the opportunity to go to Wrigley in 2014 as part of our Kennedy Ballpark Tour. It was a fun trip!

A few other headlines in 2016: the Panthers lost to the Broncos in Super Bowl 50; the Summer Olympics were held in Rio de Janeiro; Muhammad Ali, Prince, and Arnold Palmer passed away this year; and Apple is about to release the iPhone 7.  

No comments:

Post a Comment