Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Happy Valentine's Day!

We continued our annual photo shoot, a tradition that started on Emmy's very first Valentine's Day. To think that back in 2017, the sign was the same size as she was! That precious baby has grown into a beautiful little girl who sure loves her Daddy!

  
The kids dressed in their red and pink today, and they came home with a haul of treats and trinkets. I received some gifts too: flowers from Boomer and my favorite candy from Emmy and Eli. Boomer surprised me yet again this year, and I was extra impressed that he delivered the flowers to the correct school. Since I bounce back and forth between Forbush and Starmount, it can be tricky to keep up with my location. He sure is a keeper!







Over the weekend on Saturday, the 10th, Emmy and Boomer went to the Kernersville Daddy Daughter Dance. Earlier that day, Emmy had a basketball game and score two baskets, plus had several rebounds and defensive steals. After a little bit of rest time, she swapped her jersey for a pretty pink dress. Whether she is hustling on the court or dancing to Taylor Swift, this girl can do it all! Emmy loved wearing eyeliner and "spider eyes" aka mascara. The dance was at Legacy Stables in Winston, and the theme was Barbieland. Of course that meant all the pink! Emmy and Boomer saw several friends they knew and got a lot of neat swag in their goodie bags. It sure is sweet to see them dressed up and going out on a 'date.' Daddy has set the bar high for any future suitors!


These last photos don't really connect to the Valentine's theme, but I got a good chuckle out of seeing Eli and his classmate listening to each other's heartbeat. The slump, plus the pursed lips and eyes, is definitely a look I've seen before. Eli's expressions crack me up!


And Emmy decided to give all of her baby dolls makeovers, complete with eyeshadow and lip gloss. Even my American Girl doll Kirsten got a makeover. I guess I won't be selling her for a million dollars one day! I couldn't even be mad though, because Emmy said "She looks pretty just like you!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment