Friday, June 9, 2023

Emmy Graduates Kindergarten

We have a kindergarten graduate! On Wednesday, Emmy's class had a special celebration to mark the end of the school year. Her teacher Mrs. Wooten and teacher assistant Mrs. Dalton planned a program with a special song, remarks from the principal and assistant principal, and then the presentation of awards. Our girl got the Super Speller Award and the Spread Kindness Award. I am especially proud of the kindness award; it makes my heart happy to know that she is a kind friend to her classmates. I had trouble picking my favorite pictures, so I'm including them all here :)



Emmy's official last day of school was today. She posed for a few photos just like on the first day, and it is impossible not to notice just how much she has grown. 
We also got some cute pictures of the cousins, from their first day and their last. Emmy has loved riding with the Houstons and hanging out in Aunt Megan's office before the school day begins. 

Even though Mommy has a few more workdays, Emmy and Eli are already in summer mode. Eli has been going to Grammy and Grandpa's this week, and he has been quite spoiled with the individual attention. They have gone on walks, raced cars in the hallway, played baseball in the yard, and had other fun adventures. In the afternoons, they have picked up Emmy from school, and she has loved being a car rider for these last few days.  






I was surprised to receive a few thank-you notes and gifts from my students in the final days of the school year. I continue to feel like I have found my fit at the high school in college and career advising. It is hard to believe that I am wrapping up my 14th year in education. My last Teacher Workday is this coming Wednesday. Then I will become fulltime mom/cruise director/activities coordinator for the next 8 weeks. The Kennedys are excited for summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment