Sunday, May 14, 2023

Mother's Day

I was spoiled with special homemade gifts and some of my favorite things for Mother's Day. Emmy made us matching bracelets, and both of the kids made crafts at their school. Boomer also bought some of my favorite drinks so that now I am stocked up for summer. 


The Mother's Day celebrations started on Friday with a Muffins with Mom breakfast at Eli's preschool. That evening, we went to Zander's all-star soccer game, and the kids enjoyed watching a little bit of the game before running around on the hill behind the stands. On Saturday, we went to the lake to spend the day with Boomer's family. We grilled out for lunch and dinner, and we went on two boat rides. The kids also fished with Paw Paw, and Emmy talked Granny into going in the water. It was still on the chilly side, so I was glad to stay on the dock. The water usually warms up by the time we visit again for Memorial Day, and certainly by the 4th of July. For only a day trip, we fit in a lot of lake memories. The day ended with quick baths and a change into pajamas before we made the drive back to Kernersville. We arrived home around 10:30PM, with both kiddos having to be carried to their beds. This morning, we made it to church 30 minutes early so that Emmy could sing in both services with the rest of the children. The song had a slideshow of pictures in the background, and Boomer had submitted a photo of Eli and me. Boomer and I had our monthly turn in the nursery, so we were not in the actual service, but I did get to see the children sing in the early hour. After church, we had lunch at my parents' house, and Mom made crockpot ravioli. My mom, sis, and I have a spa day planned for early June as a belated Mother's Day gift to each other, and I am looking forward to that day of relaxation. I do always like to drag out the celebrations :)

No comments:

Post a Comment