Sunday, March 5, 2023

Trying New Things

With the end of the basketball season, we moved right to the next sport: gymnastics! Just as Emmy was expressing interest in gymnastics, I saw a post from the Kernersville Parks & Rec offering classes for beginners during the months of March and April. I hesitantly signed up for a single class, but then after the first one, I signed up for the rest of the month. Emmy has been excited to build on her skills, and she has been practicing her cartwheels, somersaults, and backbends. In the span of five days, she had her last basketball game, a dance class, and her first gymnastics lesson. Whew! I am so proud of her for trying new things. As we finish out the rest of March with dance on Tuesdays and gymnastics on Wednesdays, I am curious to see what her preference is. I think we can commit to one thing next year, but probably not both. She may decide to switch to gymnastics - we'll see! 

Emmy's school's motto is Spread Kindness, and I love this picture that Aunt Megan captured of her. 
With our Saturdays free from basketball, we returned to the Science Center, and we were so impressed by the new expansion to the treehouse. The kids had lots of fun climbing through the ropes, going down the slides, and walking over the bridges. Of course we love seeing the animals too, but the treehouse was definitely the big hit of the day. 

The other new thing this week: Eli's first at-home haircut! His hair had gotten quite long, and Daddy thought he could do it himself to save the trip to Great Clips. I'll admit, I was skeptical; but Boomer felt confident that he could do the job. So we got out the clippers and a lollipop and gave it a try. Eli did a great job sitting still, and I was happy with the final product. Our sweet boy looks so handsome!

No comments:

Post a Comment