Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Finding a Babysitter

Emmy returned to school after spending two days at home with strep. She went back last Thursday and finished out the week. Her friend Peyton was very happy to have her back at school again. Mrs. Wooten sent me a message to brag on Emmy's writing and drawing skills. Even though Emmy enjoyed the spoiling at home with Daddy, she does love being at school. I am hoping we can avoid any sickness for awhile!  

Last weekend, we made another trip up to Virginia for a family wedding. Boomer's cousin Lacey got married in Staunton, which is about an hour south of our usual Virginia destination of Woodstock. The three hour trip was manageable after a full work day on Friday. We arrived to our hotel around 9:30PM and quickly got the kids to bed. On Saturday before the wedding, we explored downtown Staunton with Boomer's parents and had lunch at the Old Depot Grille. The wedding was at 4:30PM, and much like the family wedding in September, Boomer stayed back at the hotel with the kids while I tagged along with Bret, Cathy, and Carlin. We had the best time dancing and celebrating the new couple. Congratulations to Lacey and Vonte'! 
We arrived home on Sunday afternoon, and Boomer left again on Monday for an overnight conference in Cary. I was invited to dinner for Emily and Carrie's birthday on Monday evening, and with my parents out of town, I was in a bit of a pickle. It meant finally (for the first time in almost 6 years!) hiring a babysitter. Luckily I was able to find a high school student named Rachel whose mom is a teacher at Eli's preschool. Eli knows Rachel from church too when she helps in the nursery. Both Emmy and Eli took to Rachel right away, and they were playing together in the sunroom while I scooted out to dinner. After reading Fancy Nancy and the Sensational Babysitter, Emmy made a list of the things they would do while I was gone. I think they accomplished all her items, and Rachel had both kids in bed when I arrived home shortly after 9PM. For our first babysitting experience, it went very well! I am so thankful for all the time my parents have helped over the years, and I am glad to now have another option for times like this one. Luckily Boomer and my parents returned on Tuesday, and we have Grammy lined up for two dates in November - yay! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment