Sunday, May 9, 2021

Celebrating Moms

We got to see so many of the special moms in our lives this weekend! On Friday while I was working, Eli tagged along with Grammy and Grandpa to a Mother's Day lunch with Great Grandma. He has a bit of scowl in the group photo, but I love this first one of him and my mom. They have developed such a sweet bond this year. I've been told he was quite a hit with the other residents and the staff. 

On Saturday, we made a day trip to Star to see Boomer's parents. Before we pulled out of our driveway, Emmy had a list of things she wanted to do while she was there, the top 2 things being: the fairy garden and the play kitchen. We picked up Bojangles on the way for an easy lunch, and then Boomer's dad grilled steaks for dinner, so no moms had to cook. It was a beautiful day, and we spent time outside at the greenhouse and playing ball. We had two tired kiddos when we headed back home after dinner. 
This morning, we played hooky from church. Although I know it would have been a very special service for Mother's Day, it was outside, and Boomer pulled the allergy card and convinced me to stay home. (In truth, the pollen has been terrible right now!) We visited Great Grandma instead and then headed over to the Houston's for lunch with the rest of the family. We picked up a family meal from Osaka and had cheesecake for dessert. We did our best to wrangle the kids for a group photo with the moms. It's always a feat to get a picture of everyone, but I'm always glad when we do. I'm so thankful for Mom and Megan - I couldn't do motherhood without them! 
After naps for everyone (my only real request for the day), we enjoyed dinner outside on our patio. Sunday picnics have become a tradition during April and May. Boomer had gone grocery shopping earlier and picked up some shrimp and sushi as a special treat. I love my little crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment