Thursday, January 2, 2020

Holi-daze

It is so true that the days between Christmas and New Years are a bit of a blur. What day is it? What time is it? Where do I put all this stuff?? On the day after Christmas, we made the trip to Morganton to watch the Forbush men's and women's basketball teams play in the Freedom Christmas Invitational Tournament. If the games had been played anywhere else, I'm not sure we would have gone, but I jumped at the opportunity to return to my alma mater. The girls played first at 11:30AM and won in a close game against Erwin HS. The boys played right afterwards against Asheville Christian and sadly lost. I loved showing Emmy around my old high school and being back in the gym. Grammy and Grandpa came along, and they were a big help with both kids. A bonus was getting to see Aunt CoCo and getting lunch at Mountain Burrito!
 
Boomer has been at work some, but he was off on NYE and New Year's Day, and we loved the extra family time. One evening, we went to see the Tanglewood Lights, a Kennedy family tradition post-Christmas. Emmy was mesmerized by all of the displays, and it was the perfect, magical end to the holiday season. 
The past six days have included a little bit of this and a little bit of that. We have gone bowling...
...we went to the Science Center...
...I went to the movies to see Little Women with my mom and sis (and Eli, too!)...
...bowling again and [pretend] arcade games...
 
...Science Center again...
 ...my first post-Eli workout...
...sister-brother bonding...
...working on a smile...

...a picnic lunch outside at the library...
...and closing out 2019 with a gathering with friends and our annual New Year's Day tradition of grocery-store sushi.
It has been a wonderful end to this year and to this decade. I've seen a lot of posts online from friends as they reflect on the last ten years. For me, I started out 2010 as a fresh-faced first-year teacher, engaged, planning a wedding, and getting ready to purchase our first home. Closing out the decade, Boomer and I have shared so many adventures together, from trips to promotions, degrees and graduations, and now our greatest adventure: parenthood. I am looking forward to more memories in 2020! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment