Monday, September 23, 2019

Go Deacs!

With Forbush having a bye last week, Boomer had a rare Friday night off from football. It was so nice to start the weekend with a family dinner and then an early evening at home. For dinner we went out for some barbecue at Little Richard's. Our favorite memory of this restaurant is when I told Boomer I thought I might be pregnant over three years ago now. I think of his surprised, BBQ-smeared face every time that we eat there. Since it is not often that we have a Friday night together in the fall, it was worth documenting. Doesn't Emmy look so grown up in this photo?!
Although there was no Forbush game on Friday night, our weekend was not completely football-free! On Saturday, Boomer and I went to the Wake Forest vs. Elon game for a fun date. Several months ago when the Wake Forest schedule was released, Boomer and I looked carefully at our calendars to pick a game to go to, opting for an earlier game in the season so as to stay away from November and the pending baby-watch. The game we picked happened to be Homecoming, which was a nice coincidence. We snapped a quick photo with Emmy as we were dropping her off with Grammy, and then Boomer and I headed to the stadium. We splurged once again for our now yearly tradition of tickets in the Touchdown Club. The all-you-can-eat buffet, easy bathroom access, and option for air-conditioning were ideal for this pregnant momma! Since it was a noon game with temps in the upper 80s, we were a bit sunburned and very sweaty at the end. Thank goodness it was an easy win for Wake, 49-7. I also got my picture with two celebrities: the Deac and a contestant from the Bachelorette, who was a former Wake football player. Boomer had no idea who Tyler Cameron was, but all the females between the ages of 15 and 40 surely did :) Saturday also marked Baby Kennedy's first Wake game. Earlier in the week, Facebook reminded me that almost exactly three years ago was Emmy's first Wake game too. It is fun to see the comparison of my baby bumps. I am now 32 weeks; Baby Kennedy #2 is the size of a cantaloupe! I had a doctor's appointment today, and baby's heartbeat was 135. My weight and blood pressure looked good; overall, a quick in-and-out appointment. I will go every two weeks for the next month and then every week in October. Whew the time is passing so fast!
Almost exactly 3 years ago with Emmy!
While Emmy was with Grammy on Saturday, she tagged along with her cousins and Aunt Megan to the park. Since Megan is on-call to watch Emmy when Baby Kennedy #2 arrives, it is reassuring that all three kids can fit into her car and were all kept alive after their park adventure. Megan is a pro at wrangling her two boys plus Emmy. I have no worries at all for November in that regard!
On Sunday after church, we celebrated Great Grandma Nancy's 88th birthday with lunch at The Loop and cupcakes. The Kennedys and Houstons staggered our arrivals, with everyone getting out of church at slightly different times, but we were all together to sing and blow out the candles. Grandma had a lot of extra helpers. I'm still not quite sure how Emmy's shirt escaped stains from the red icing -- a small miracle I suppose! There have been several September birthdays, with one more party coming up next weekend (for Grandpa's 70th!) Emmy has loved singing and especially eating all the sweet treats. Later on Sunday afternoon, I caught her playing "birthday party" with all of her stuffed animals. During playtime, she shows a lot of her creativity and imagination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment